- June 3 - September 2, always 5.30pm: Each friday Yoga for pro filia's benefit, organized by Leben&Reisen. Costs 5€ for one meeting. Location: Aasee-meadow near the Wewerka-Pavillon Münster
- June 24, July 15, August 19, 2016, 5.30pm: Additionally Yoga for children
- June 15, 2016, 6pm: Boule tournament behind the castle, Muenster
- August 27, 2016, 12am-8pm, and August 28, 2016, 11am-8pm: pro filia information booth near the Kreuzkirche, Münster
- September 9,2016, 7pm: Yoga-Party, Friedenskapelle Münster, organized by Leben&Reisen
- April 1,2017, 2pm-6pm and April 2,2017, 10am-12am: presentation of the art works, Fachhochschule für Design, Muenster
- April 2,2017, 12am: art auction, Fachhochschule für Design, Muenster
Current situation in Nepal
Currently, the country suffers from two massive problems: consequences from the earthquake and outbreaks of violence after adoption of a new constitution. > more
Earthquake in Nepal
The terrifying earthquake in Nepal has a major impact also on our projects. Therefore, we launch an appeal for donations! And you will found here the actual news.
News in brief
In January 2016 the Nepalese Parliament decrees an act for reconstruction after earthquake - 9 months afterwards.
Maiti reports that even in the capital most people had to fall back to using wood for the preparation of their meals. This fact inevitably leads to a problem of massive deforestation in Nepal. The food prices doubled in the last few months and still there is a great amount of people without shelter. A further 800.000 people fall below the poverty line in the already poor country of Nepal.
The southern and eastern provinces see themselves in a chaotic state. Due to the recently ratified constitution imports of dearly needed goods such as petrol, cooking gas, food and medicine from India are being boycotted which makes everyday life so much more difficult.
Additionally to our cooperation partners, the Soroptimist International Clubs Münster-Mauritz and Rhenen/Veenendaal (Netherlands), the SI Club Douglas/Isle of Man (UK) supports the pro filia-projects for Nepalese girls! We are very happy about the new cooperation!
3. pro filia art auction 2015
A huge success - the 3rd pro filia art auction! A total of 40 artists made 84 pieces of art available of which 63 were sold for nearly fast 50 000 Euros. A major share of the revenues is donated by the artists for the pro filia girl projects in Nepal. Now, additional typing offices for saved young women can be installed who have concluded an IT training. Also, the basis for start-up financing of 5 taylor shops where 6 young women each will find a job, is available now! We thank the artists and the many voluntary helping hands of this event.
Our cooperation partners, the two Soroptimist Clubs International Münster-Mauritz and Rhenen Veenendaal/Netherlands, are collecting donations for pro filia-projects. Here you will find the donation thermometer!
On 28.8.14, copies of nearly 3500 signatures against mass murder on Indian girl babies were handed over to the German Government's human rights representative Christoph Strässer – on 29.8.14 the originals to the Indian embassy in Berlin.
Click here to find the results of the action in detail
The two-day pro filia info booth at the Kreuzviertelfest Münster provided for many discussions regarding trafficking in girls and ways of protection. In addition, several hundred signatures were collected against mass murder on Indian girl babies. Nearly 3500 signatures will be handed over to the Indian embassy by pro filia representatives during an event regarding this topic in front of the embassy in Berlin on 29.8.14; the copies of the lists will be handed over to the German Government's human rights representative Christoph Strässer.
The exhibition on the work of pro filia in the old Town Hall of Fox-Amphoux/Provence met with a keen response, the vernissage alone drew 70 guests. Touched by the subject of trafficking of girls and the massive discrimination, the visitors engaged in intensive discussions, donations and signatures for the Berlin event in front oft he Indian embassy.
pro filia transfers the money for two additional PC writing offices. The offices will be set up at five locations in the Ilam border county in July and August. Following a one-year initial financing phase by pro filia, two saved young women each, trained on the PC, will continue to run them independently.
The money for the shelter house, the salaries for the border observers and the first three PC writing offices for saved and trained young women will be transferred to MAITI.
WDR-Studio Münster broadcasts a report on the work of pro filia in Lokalzeit on 27.2.
The border guards are young women who
survived the time in brothel, were trained by our Nepalese partner organisation
MAITI and who receive a job directly at bustling border crossing points into
Inda. Based on their own experience, they contact girls who appear to them to
be in danger to be sold to an Indian brothel and offer them the shelter house - the transit home -
as an immediately available save haven.
Shelter houses for Nepalese girls
2009, pro filia has supported shelter houses for Nepalese girls who had been
sold to Indian brothels or were in danger being sold. At the beginning of the
cooperation with our Nepales partner organisation MAITI, the shelter house in
Bhairahawa was financed on a prorated base, since November 2010 the shelter
house Pashupatinagar has been financed in full. Border observers transfer
jeopardized girls directly before the border crossing into India to this safe
house. But also returnees freed from Indian brothels will find support here.
All are given board and lodging, food, medical and psychological support.
For further pro filia projects such as the rehabilitation home and the PC training for saved girls, please refer to the menu item "Projects".
of our work
In Germany, there are no uniform reporting requirements for non-profit organisations. We, however, feel obliged to inform members, donors and other supporters about both the structure and the finances and activities of pro filia e.V. in a transparent manner. For this reason, we decided to undersign the self-commitment declaration initiated by Transparency International Deutschland e.V. and prepared by Initiative Transparent Civil Society and to publish the information presented in 10 subjects, on our Website.
Here, will also find the financial statements with information on the income and expenditures of pro filia.
The latest figures on our work
- In 2015, pro filia financed a total of 1.333 girls who had been contacted directly at the Indian border in personal discussions by border guards and informed about the dangers of slavery in Indian brothels; more than 13.000 cars, trucks and rikshaws had been checked.
- Of the 1.333 girls, action was taken for 518 girls: Some of them stayed at the Transit home in Pashupatinagar, others could be brought home again.
- In addition, 17 girls came to the Transit home from situations of domestic violence and rape situations.
- At the rehabilitation home, 37 girls were taken care of.
- During a large number of awareness-rising campaigns in small Nepalese towns and villages, a total of approx. 10.000 people were informed about the danger of young girl slavery and support networks were established.
- In 2015, the development of the IT project continued: 40 saved young women completed their IT-training.
- In 2014 additionally 5 typing offices were implemented, staffed with two young women each, who have completed the IT training. By reasons of earthquake and political crisis, in 2015 it was not possible to install further typing offices or the projected taylorings. We will try it in 2016.