The latest figures
- In 2012, 16000 cars, lorries and rikschas were checked at border check points to India. 1073 girls were provided with information about the risks of human trafficking.
- In 392 cases intervention was triggered: 99 of the girls involved remained for the time being in the shelter and 293 were taken back to their families.
- One person were rescued from India in exploitative situation. She were provided with all she needed at the Pashupatinagar shelter.
- In the year 2012, 43 girls were living in the Reha-home and participated in job trainings.
- At information events and campaigns MAITI was able to reach more than 10000 people in 2012.
Life skills training for vulnerable girls
Girls who work in bars and restaurants are especially in danger to become victims of sex traffickers. pro filia sponsors training sessions held by MAITI, during which the girls learn to protect themselves against these dangers and to make their own life choices.
Big response to report about pro filia in chrismon
The magazine chrismon reported in their July issue about pro filia. We are very happy about the subsequent interest in our work by chrismon readers and about their generous donations!
Another very important project consists in financing training and salaries of border guards. Most of these young women are survivors of Indian brothels. They offer girls in danger, who are about to cross the border to India, refuge and care in the transit home.
Shelter for Nepalese girls
The current focus of our aid work is the financing of a particular shelter: the transit home Pashupatinagar at the border to India. Here Nepalese girls who have been sold into Indian brothels, or those who are in danger of being sold into them, find safety, refuge, and the help they so desperately need.
of our work
Transparent representation of the structure of the organization, the finances and activities of pro filia e.V.
In Germany, there is no uniform duty for charities to be open to public scrutiny. We do, however, find it essential to provide transparent information about pro filia’s organizational structure, finances and activities to members, donors and other supporters. Because of this, we have decided to sign the voluntary declaration of commitment, which has been motivated by Transparency International Deutschland e.V and has subsequently been developed by the Initiative Transparente Zivilgesellschaft.